Thursday, September 07, 2006

Press Screening Epiphany

So...

The cast will finally get to see the film for the first time tonight. We're all looking forward to catching it (apart from possibly closing our eyes at the scenes which we respectively appear) and we hope the guests today will enjoy themselves too.

I love how this film has a no-holds-barred outlook at the lives of Malaysian youth. I think just about everybody would be able to relate to at least one of the characters in one form or another.

On a personal note, I've just started to realize how important my own character is to me. Sze Huey has always believed herself to be open-minded, but after treading on unfamiliar emotional grounds, prejudices which she wasn't even aware of beforehand start to surface.

We preach about how much we should eradicate prejudice off the face of the earth, but deep inside, we know that the laws of human nature will never let that happen. All we can do is just be aware of them, and use it as an impetus to understand ourselves and each other better.

Thank you Sze Huey for helping me face the music. I'm looking forward to meeting you tonight...

And as for someone else (he knows who he is), I'm so proud of you and thank you for everything.

-Davina-

No comments: