Thursday, January 26, 2006

Mamak Mia

Apologies for the lack of updates during the shoot. Chief runner Benji was having technical trouble uploading some pictures during the first week. Just to add some color to the blog, here are pictures from my camera too. I took full opportunity to play around with my new Konica Minolta DiMAGE Z20 whenever I was given a breather from shooting. My 'jakun'-induced trigger happiness resulted in me taking on the role of unofficial photographer for production stills.
The first few days of the shoot focused on the mamak scenes. The following were taken during a 7pm-7am session.


Cast and crew prepare for a new scene.


Writer / director Arivind Abraham keeps track of the day's work.


Runners Benji Lim and Jay Menon introduce themselves.


At 1am, actors Azimy Ahmad and Angeline Rose are still in high spirits.


So are Jayaram Nagaraj and I.


Derek Ong, however, thinks he can do with another glass of caffeine.


(L-R) Azimy, Jayaram, Angeline, Associate Producer / Production Manager Bahir Yeusuff and Arivind.


Azlan and Zaid check the sound levels.


Action.


Making a quick reference to the script.


Jayaram and Azimy await their cue to enter the scene.


(L-R) Derek, Director of Photography Dimitri Kotselis and Jay.


Dimitri tries out another angle.


Bahir monitors the monitor.


Zaid's boom shake-shakes the room.


Jayaram taking pointers from Arivind.


Arivind gives me the signal to turn my camera off.

Happy Chinese New Year everyone! Expect more pictures soon.

- Davina

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wah, nice pictures... the mamak looks really posh with the plaster ceilings and chandeliers and all?

Arivind, you sudah GEMUK la... :P

Anonymous said...

OMG its my cousin jayram.......boy u loook FUNNY!!!!...hope all the hard work and filming went well guys!!...oh and jayram u should dedicate the movie 2 ME ur dear cousin ansha from australia.....well hav a good 1 MATES!!!

BYEEEEEEE....ttyl....love ansha!!!