Monday, May 22, 2006

Feel No One: The Theme Song For S'kali

I got turned on to Lo like everyone else, when his track "Evening News" exploded onto the scene back when I was in high school. It was the first time the Malaysian music scene had heard such a sound, comlpemented by such polished production and a really good music video.

At the time, one of the local dailies ran a competition asking young people to review the Days Before Dawn album. I sent in an entry, talking about the sound of Lo, comparing him to the likes of bands like Toad The Wet Sprocket. A few weeks later, I got an autographed copy of the album, and also some VIP backstage passes to the very first Rock The World.

Fast forward many years later, and I am sitting on set in PD in what was the bedroom for the character Bahir. Jayaram who plays Ravin brings in Lo's latest album The Fall and passes it to me to use as a prop within the set. I was not aware that Lo had a new one out and popped it into the G5 we had on set.

The minute I heard "Feel No One" I knew it was the song for the trailer. The energy and pace of it corresponded exactly with how the images for the trailer were playing out within my head. I think it is Jason Lo's best song, though he might think otherwise.

As some of you may have gathered already from our trailer, Lo does make an appearence in S'kali and it is worth checking out as I must say I had a great time in the few hours we had with him to film his scenes.

So go out, and buy a cop of The Fall. There are some great tracks on the album, and of course the track that is now the theme song for S'kali: Feel No One.

Arivind Abraham

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You look like you've put on some weight..... Finally!


Can't wait for the flick..


Cheers