Wednesday, December 21, 2005

intro 1

Hullo. I'm portraying the character of Sze Huey in S'kali. When I went for the auditions in 2003, I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I do now of course, which is why the current thought of my involvement in the film has been getting a little incredulous.
It was intruiging to watch the script and its characters evolve with each re-working of the draft. I also don't know how Arivind managed to cast the actors so intuitively - it just 'works'! The others are immensely talented and a ball to hang out with. Some of them won't be free during the Xmas and NY break so we've been given a breather from rehearsals. I'm looking forward to one more session with Arivind and my co-star Jayaram as we have yet to properly run through one of the crucial scenes, but Jayaram is currently being hospitalised for a nasty infection. Here's hoping to his speedy recovery.
That's it for now. Take care everybody, a happy xmas and a merry new year to all.
- davina

No comments: